Canuck Door Systems offers over 30 years experience in Hollow Metal Doors both custom and standard installation. Commercial Steel Doors is a metal door of the Steel Stiffened type.
This kind of Hollow Metal Doors is fabricated of sheet steel, reinforced by light metal channels, has a hollow core, steel stiffened, and sometimes filled with a light filler material.
- Standard and custom sizes
- 1–3/4” thickness
- Galvanneal steel 18,16 or 14 gauge
- A40 (ZF120) 0.40 oz/ft2 coating. Optional coating G90 (Z275)
- Manufactured with a 1/8” in 2” bevel.
- Top and bottom end channels are of 16 gauge material projection welded into the door.
- Box-shaped steel stiffeners laminated 6” O.C. maximum to both door faces and filings with semi-rigid fiberglass are used in Standard labeled doors, which are internally reinforced with 20 gauge.
- Honeycomb or styrene core doors use laminated “Z” stiffeners.
- “Interlocking” stiffeners can be manufactured spot welded to both faces approximately 6” O.C. and filled with semi-rigid fiberglass insulation.